Ref: FC I | Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 | Location: Southampton,Hampshire, UK | Posted: 21/05/2019
The business is an established, rapidly growing UK manufacturer with an enviable reputation for innovation and fresh thinking. The team is young, dynamic, fun to work with and hungry for success. Our reputation for unrivalled customer service is one we will not compromise on and has served us well, making us highly respected with our customers across the country. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, he/she will manage all finance and accounting operations. This role will be suited to an ambitious Finance Manager/Controller who is keen to step into a Finance Director position in the future. Ideally the candidate will have a solid understanding of accounting within a manufacturing environment.
1. Identify opportunities and provide critical information and analysis for making operational and strategic decisions for the sales/marketing teams including but not limited to pricing, promotions, investments, go-to-market strategies, etc.
2. Lead budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
3. Prepare UK statutory accounts
4. Review and analysis of actual operating results compared to budget and forecast (including sales, inventory, free goods, rebates/discounts, expenses, etc.)
5. Review and approval of special promotions, rebates and discounts
6. Analysing market trends and sales performance for purposes of identifying business expansion opportunities
7. Prepare quarterly finance reports to present to the board of Directors Required education / qualifications - ACA/ACCA qualified with extensive and recent experience in preparing company accounts. - 3-5 years' demonstrated experience and working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Complementary education/experience/attributes - Understanding of Odoo or related system is preferred. Microsoft Office suite is preferred. - Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills. - Highly motivated and able to work independently.