Ref: QS (T) | Salary: £Neg | Location: St. Helens,Merseyside, UK | Posted: 04/09/2019
1. Appropriate professional qualification: Quantity Surveying degree or similar Have a SMSTS 5 Day Site Safety Certificate. ONC/HNC/NVQ or similar Building related qualification Evidence of and commitment to continual professional, leadership and personal development.
2. Experience and Track Record: Be able to control and provide information on commercial performance o a number of projects in a consistent, professional and timely manner, To have a wide range of industry contacts, particularly a wide range of supply chain networks in planned maintenance, new build or general builders in the North West and/or North Wales, To have experience of working in the external commercial market with a large national contractor, mobilizing and managing projects in excess of £1M PA in accordance with agreed profit and performance standards within specific teams. To have good experience of cost control, budgeting and forecasting and play an active part in the monthly CVR management reporting cycle To ensure works are carried out professionally and efficiently to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction in accordance with organizational objectives. To have good working knowledge of the North Wales & North West Social housing market, including extensive network of contacts with clients and supply chain partners, You will possess excellent communication and listening skills as well as negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, particular clients and consultants. Ability to manage performance, conduct appraisals, coaching sessions and disciplinary investigations. Be able to commercially manage multiple contracts using mixed delivery models Able to produce timely and professional tenders and estimates as part of the bid team Play an active role in the growth of the business and be able to use extensive networks to attract key staff and grow the team.
3. Managing Change: Manages change in a positive and forward thinking manner. Actively drives innovation and sharing of best practice from an extensive background in the private sector.
4. Leadership and Vision: A visible leader that is confident listening working with stakeholders and encourages innovation. As a senior manager within the operational team, acts as an ambassador for the company at times and represents the business at numerous networking, CPD and conference events to assist in the growth of the business.
5. Interpersonal Persuasion and Influencing: Demonstrates high levels of motivation and resilience combined with enthusiasm, commitment and a curious, inquisitive approach to challenge and seek continuous improvement. Passionate, committed and self-motivated to inspire and support the team. Shares knowledge gained from a broad industry background with their team to the benefit of the wider business.
6. Communication: Ability to engage with stakeholders to build relationships based on honesty, trust, mutual respect and integrity to inspire confidence and respect. Knowledge of the digital/social media opportunities to aid communication and drive business success.
7. Financial & Risk Management: Play an active role in the business units CVR process with accurate and timely reporting on operational and commercial matters for all projects being over seen, Demonstrable governance and financial compliance management experience within a housing environment to ensure robust compliant operations. Experience of successfully commercially managing large budgets and schemes in excess of £1M with a large national building contractor.